To view the Mail Options
page, click the Mail Options
link on the left of the Options
page. The Mail Options
page contains the following options:
Copies and Folders
- Copying Sent Messages: You can place a copy of sent messages in a folder of your choice.
- Deleting Mail Messages: You can either specify where to send deleted messages or always send them to the trash folder. You may also indicate whether to Expunge (permanently delete messages in Trash) upon logout.
- Saving Drafts: Choose which folders you would like Drafts to be saved.
- Quoting Text in Replies: whether to include the original message in the reply
- Spell Check: Always spell check before sending a message
- Always Compose Messages with Rich Text
- Adding Default BCC: add emails to automatically BCC
- Message List Order: Sort messages by most recent first, or most recent last
- Message List Display Order: Change the order in which columns are displayed (Read/Unread, Attachment, Subject, Sender, etc)
- Message Forwarding: Enable automatic forwarding (forward messages to other email addresses) – You can choose whether to keep a copy of the message in your WebMail inbox
- Mail Filters: Choose whether to filter certain messages into specific folders (based on different criteria)
- Vacation Message: You can use the Vacation Messaging feature to set up automatic replies for when you cannot check your e-mail. To use this feature:
1. Click the Enable automatic vacation reply. Check box.
2. Enter the start date in the Start Date: field in the (mm/dd/yy) format.
3. Enter the end date in the End Date: field in the (mm/dd/yy) format.
4. Enter the number of hours between replies to repeat senders in the Hours between replies: field (Hours between replies should be a positive integer between 1 and 300).
5. Enter a subject for the message in the Subject: field.
6. Enter the text you wish to include in your message in the Message to Co-Workers or Message to other senders: field. Note: You will be unable to save the vacation message unless you enter text into this field.
If you made any changes on the Vacation Message page, click the Save Changes button to save your changes or the Cancel button to clear your changes. Note: Changes made to your account may take up to 15 minutes before taking effect.
- Signature: Create your own signature that will be attached to the end of all your composed emails
- vCard: Users can choose which information is to be displayed at the end of composed messages. You do not need to fill in all fields, only the ones that you would like to be displayed (Fields include Name, Company, Job Title, Department, Home Page, Work & home email, Phone – work, home, mobile, fax, pager, Address info)
- Users can add another email address to login into using Eastlink’s WebMail client.