Authorized Contact FAQs
Can I authorize another person to make changes to my Eastlink Wireless Account?
Yes. As an account holder you can appoint another person as an Authorized Contact on your account to complete tasks or requests on your behalf.
The Authorized Contact will be clearly listed on the account and will have to verify the account holder’s name, phone number and account PIN upon request.
In order to be an Authorized Contact, the person must already have reached age of maturity in the province where you purchase service.
What tasks can an Authorized Contact perform?
An Authorized Contact can perform most tasks to an account including:
- Change monthly service plan
- Update account information
- Perform a hardware upgrade
- Change billing preferences
- Start a device repair process
- Add plan features or travel packs
Are there any tasks that an Authorized Contact cannot complete?
Yes. An Authorized Contact cannot:
- Set up additional Authorized Contacts
- Add additional phone numbers/lines to the account
- Consent to a credit check
- Transfer responsibility of the account from the account holder to another person
- Disconnect service for any/all line(s) on the account
- Request a restart of service
- Add/update the email address on the account
How to I add/remove an authorized contact to my account?
In order to add/remove an Authorized Contact, the account holder must contact Customer Care or a visit an Eastlink retail store.
Can an Authorized Contact be any age?
In order to be an authorized contact you must have already reached the age of majority in the province in which you reside.