Step-by-step instructions, FAQs, guides and live chat for instant help.
How to Install Your WiFi Modem
If you picked up your modem at an Eastlink Store, it is easy to install. Just follow these four easy steps.
- Either set your modem in the same place where your old modem was installed, or place the modem in a central location in your home with access to an active cable outlet if you are a new internet customer.
- Connect the coaxial cable (TV Cable) to an active cable outlet and onto the back of the modem.
- If you want to connect using a wired connection, please use the Ethernet cable provided and plug one end into an Ethernet port on the back of the modem, and the other end into your device or computer.
- Plug the power adapter that came with your new modem into an electrical socket and then connect it to the back of your new modem.
- Most of our modems will display at least 4 solid lights when they are online. If after 5 minutes the modem is not online, try another coaxial cable outlet (if available).
If you're a new customer and you received your new modem in the mail, follow the above steps and then:
- Please check your email and look for a message from Eastlink Customer Care titled “Message from Eastlink Customer Care”. Follow the instructions within the email to activate your new WiFi modem or call 1-866-238-2390 and follow the prompts for equipment/modem activation.
If you're a current customer and received a new modem in the mail, follow the steps at the top of the page and then:
- Call 1-866-238-2390 and follow the prompts for equipment/modem activation.
Once the above steps have been completed, please click here for instructions on setting up your WiFi.
If you need help at any point during these steps, please call our Technical Support team at 1-888-345-1111. Technical Support can be reached 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.