Step-by-step instructions for installing your Digital Video Recorder, along with live chat for instant help.
Before You Begin
- You will need an electrical outlet and cable outlet nearby
- Put your DVR in a safe spot where it can be easily detected by the remote
- Have your account number and the serial number of the DVR handy when activating your receiver. Your serial number is a 12-digit code on the bottom of your DVR, starting with a GI or an M
Installing Your DVR
1. Locate the cable going from the cable wall outlet to your TV (or other device). This is called the coaxial (or coax) cable. Disconnect it from your TV (or other device)
2. Take the coax cable that you disconnected from your TV (or other device) and connect it to the [CABLE-IN] port on the DVR
3a. Connect one end of the HDMI cable (provided in your installation kit) to the HDMI port on the back of the DVR. Take the other end of the HDMI cable and connect it to the [HDMI 1] port on the back of your TV.
3b. Connect your video & audio cables to the relevant ports on the back of the DVR and your TV
4. Attach the power cord to the back of the DVR. Plug the other end of the power cord into the electrical outlet. Turn it and your TV on. The DVR will display the number 0
5. Put the provided batteries in the Eastlink remote control (the remote is automatically programmed to work with your DVR). Then follow the instructions on the back of the remote to program it for your TV
6a. If you connected the DVR to your TV with an HDMI cable: On the remote control, press TV and then “Video Source” to cycle through the different video inputs of your TV until you see “HDMI 1” displayed on screen. You will not see picture or sound yet.
6b. If you connected the DVR to your TV with video & audio cables: On the remote control, press TV and then “Video Source” to cycle through the different video inputs of your TV until you see the input displayed on screen that corresponds to the type of video cable you’ve used. You will not see picture or sound yet.
7. To activate your DVR, please call 1-866-238-2390. Remember to have your EastLink account number and the serial number of the DVR handy.
NOTE: Once activated, it may take several minutes for your iGuide and DVR menu to download. If you are having technical problems with your equipment please call 1-866-238-2390