Picture Settings for the Recent Cable Guide Update
We recently updated our on screen programming guide to give you a full screen HD experience while maintaining our familiar menus.
The feedback we have received on the new guide has been overwhelmingly positive.
We have received feedback from some customers with specific types of TV sets, that they are having difficulty reading the new guide. It is important to us that every customer have the best possible TV experience.
If you are having difficulty seeing our new on screen guide, please see below.
Get the answers you need to quickly solve your issues:
The following steps will help if you are a TV customer finding the guide font difficult to read and have a non-HD TV.
Viewable/printable step by step instructions with pictures of menu screens
- Using the Eastlink remote control, press Menu twice
- Scroll down to Setup using the Arrow keys (it's on the second page down)
- Press OK/Select to enter the setup menu
- Select Guide Setup and then press OK/Select
- Using the Left/Right Arrow keys change the TV Type to SD TV (tube)
- Press Exit
The following steps will help if you are a TV customer experiencing black bars on the left and right of the picture. (Non-Maestro)
Need further assistance? Please contact us by calling 1-888-345-1111 or click the online chat button for help.
- Turn off your digital receiver by pressing Cable then Power on the Eastlink remote, ensure the TV remains on.
- Then press the Menu button on the remote control.
The User Settings screen (see example below) should appear.
If the User Settings screen does not come up on your TV within a few seconds, repeat the above steps.
- Once the User Settings screen appears on your TV, press the Down Arrow button on your remote control until you get to 4:3 Override.
- Use the Left/Right Arrows to cycle through 480i, 480p, or Stretch until you receive the desired result.
- Press the Power button to exit the User Settings screen.
- Press the Power button again to turn the digital receiver on.